Sunday, March 23, 2008

Penang Hawker tour

Our brains were craving Penang hawker food and our tummies agreed. We we drove up north to Penang for 2 nights. Our hawker tour started at the usual
  • Jelutong for char koay kak, curry mee, apong (indian pancake). The best curry mee so I bought some of the chili paste from the vendor which I will freeze and bring back to CA. Haha.. I shall attempt to reverse engineer this dish. After a few hours
  • The infamous Ah Leng char koay teow. It was really good, with lots of shrimp and not greasy. But I have one gripe, don't be stingy on the koay teow me! I swear a plate of koay teow only fits on 1/4 of the plate for RM9. There is literally more shrimp than koay teow. Next time I am there I am going to order, "Char koay teow keh koay teow please!!"





  • Next stop was Padang for some popiah, kerabu mee hoon, ice kacang
  • Next stop, I am not kidding directly after padang edgecume road mee goreng/rebus
  • No dinner on that day
  • Supper was char ho fun delicious!

No comments: